March 23rd-March 29th 2017
The Galapagos is virtually a household name throughout the entire world, and for good reason. Anyone with a love for nature, science, wildlife, snorkeling, diving, hiking, photography, or just plain adventure, should have this iconic destination at the top of their bucket list. We are thrilled to have created an experience that is a glorious blend of luxury, adventure, & up close and personal experiences!
The Galapagos is an “up-market” destination, and unfortunately getting there is no inexpensive feat. Take a look at the details below and you will see that our small group trip is arguably the best deal out their when you factor everything we have been able to include!
You’ve got to check out and join this amazing 4 day Ecuadorian Amazon Extension we created to make this trip truly once in a life time!
Please e-mail us for the day by day itinerary (firstname.lastname@example.org):
The Great Galapagos
* 7 days of Darwin’s Diversity
* 3 nights/4 days at the unique and remote Scalesia Lodge (Luxury Tented Camps at their finest!)
* 3 nights/4 days aboard our very own luxurious private yacht the Coral II!
* All Inclusive (6 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 6 dinners)
* Round trip domestic flight Included (Guayaquil (GYE) –> Galapagos (GPS), 450.00-550.00 USD value)
* All Snorkel Gear Included throughout
Part 1: Isabela Island
Isabela Isle is the largest of the most unique island chain in the world! A volcanic creation, Isabela came to be from the merging of 6 different volcanoes (5 are still active!). From one of a kind snorkeling and diving, to epic landscapes culminating in panoramic views at the top of volcanic craters, we’ll start this journey off right!
Scalesia Lodge will be our home away from home and by the end of our time here, we’ll have to be dragged away to the next destination! Located in the highlands of Isabela Island on the slopes of a volcano, the modern, luxurious, safari-style tent resort (“glamping” at it’s finest!) is in the middle of a 40 acre property of magical forest, and spectacular views of the coast & other islands of Galapagos which dot the horizon.
* “Tintoreras” Snorkeling Experience: The spanish name comes from the white tip reef sharks “Tintoreras” which are frequently seen in this area. This is a perfect place to practice snorkeling and have a great chance of encountering sea lions, marine iguanas, & penguins!
* Los Humedales Mangrove Excursion: Explore the natural complex with various trails among this biologically significant mangrove environment. Aside from the four different species of mangroves, we’ll have the opportunity to see and photograph flamingos and other rare birds. The entire area is dotted with solitary beaches, lava tunnels, natural pools, & estuaries fantastic for landscape shots!
* Active Volcano Adventure: Isabela’s most well known land phenomenons are the highly active volcanoes which created the island. Sierra Negra is one of the most active volcanoes of the archipelago and most recently erupted in 2005. The volcano’s crater is considered the second largest in the world with a diameter of over 6 miles! Volcano Chico is also highly active, sulfur vents dot the landscape in this area.
* Sucre´s Cave: One of the most enchanting caves in the Galapagos, we’ll take in nature’s beauty in the surrounding area, and if we’re lucky, spot a couple giant Galapagos Tortoises before entering the small abyss. Unique volcanic formations dot the cave and make for good photographs while we learn about the importance of the flora that grows here.
* El Mirador del Mango Lookout: Hike to this incredible viewpoint overlooking the southern side of Isabela Island’s stunning vista! Get the cameras out to shoot the dazzling yellow warblers and mango trees, found only
here in the entire archipelago.
* Puerto Villamil Beach: We’ll have time to relax and explore the most famous beach on the island. Dig your toes into the white sands or walk the beach and surroundings in search of creatures unknown to the rest of the world. Marine iguanas & a variety of other lizards love this area…
Part II: Private Luxury Yacht Island Hopping
Our next experience is very special. We’ll board our very own private cruising yacht and embark on a journey throughout the eastern Galapagos Islands. Aboard the Coral II, we’ll live in the perfect combination of classic beauty and exquisite style. Built in Holland, the ship surpasses all the standards you would expect from a high-class yacht, providing a slightly larger than average (and therefore more stable) cruising vessel while maintaining the friendly atmosphere of a small expedition yacht.
Every cabin features handsome wood decoration, along with air-conditioning, a private bathroom, safe deposit box, telephone, and your choice of background music. Additionally, the Coral has plenty of room to relax with three sundecks (some shaded), a jacuzzi, comfortable dining room, and lounge. Our very own naturalist guide, captain, and full board service staff will pamper us throughout!
*Since we are chartering this amazing boat just for our travel club, the rooms range from standard, standard plus, & jr. suite. The first guests to sign up will automatically be placed in the standard plus rooms. The jr. suites have a total supplement of 200 USD per person (a ridiculous steal!) and first to submit deposit & request these rooms will get them. *More details on rooms within the daily itinerary- E-mail us!
* Darwin Station, Galapagos Giant Tortoise Encounter: Visit the largest tortoise breeding center in the Galapagos where the National Park is breeding tortoises & land iguanas in danger of extinction. Since the 70s, more than 2000 specimens have returned to their own islands and we may encounter them on different adventures!
* Mosquera Islet, Land of Sea Lions: This flat, sandy island has a huge colony of sea lions and is also an excellent site to observe & photograph shorebirds such as herons and lava gulls. Hop into the water for a snorkel to discover the sea lions and unique water creatures not found on the land!
* North Seymour Island: Formed by a series of underwater volcanic eruptions, this island is the home to large nesting colonies of blue-footed boobies (awesome to photograph!), great frigate birds, and swallow-tailed gulls. Land iguanas and & Galapagos snakes can be encountered on a lucky day as well!
* Santa Fe Island, White Sands, Cactuses, & Giant Iguanas: White sand beaches surrounded by sea lion colonies lined with endemic cactus forests is just one appeal to this natural wonderland. It is also home to the Santa Fe land iguanas, the largest in the entire archipelago. Other species which reside here are the Galapagos hawk, Galapagos snakes, rice rats (one of the few endemic Galapagos rodents), a variety of finches, and one of the four mockingbird species on the islands. Deep water snorkeling will be an included option for those interested while we’re exploring Santa Fe!
* South Plaza Islet, Land of Red & Yellow: An impressive cactus forest where colorful yellow and red land iguanas live will be our introduction to this small landmass. Another peculiar thing to see in South Plaza is the unique, hybrid iguana (sea and land). During the time of year we’ll be here, the landscape should be gleaming with the vegetations glow of reds, greens, and yellows (Great landscape shots!).
* San Cristobal Island, Galapagos History & Epic Lookouts: Home to the capital town of the Galapagos Province, Puerto Baquerizo Moreno, we’ll hop off the yacht and visit the Interpretation Center, an excellent place to learn about the nature and history of the Islands; displaying information of Galapagos volcanic origins, their remoteness from the continent, ocean currents, climate, & arrival of the original species. An optional hike will complete our journey of a lifetime to the top of Tijeretas Hill. Take in the beautiful landscapes ending with a magnificent view of a massive frigate bird colony. The trip ends on the best note possible: nature & landscape photos!
* As always this entire trip will be amazing for photography and one photographer will be on hand to help those who want to learn more about using their camera’s, taking better pictures, etc. (PhotoFly Travel Club adventures are laid back when it comes to photography. They are not workshop style based tours and you do not need to be an avid photographer to join. All are welcome!)
* All Ground & Water Transfers Included
* Round trip domestic flight Included (Guayaquil (GYE) –> Galapagos (GPS), 450.00-550.00 USD value)
* International airfare not included but we’re happy to help you find the best flights as always. (Flying into & out of UIO/GYE TBD)
* Be sure to check out the Amazing Amazon Extension Here! *Super affordable and a no brainer if you have the time.
*Don’t forget to e-mail us for the day by day itinerary of these Galapagos small group tours (email@example.com)
Join Us! Sold Out, Join Us Next Time! Price: $ 3995.00
*Notice: Payment online incurs 3% processing fee (automatically added to shopping cart). Please mail payment to avoid this fee.
*Single Supplement: $1295.00
Refundable Deposit: $600.00
*For our solo travelers we will pair you up with someone of the same sex unless single occupancy is requested.
*Notice: Payment online incurs 3% processing fee. To avoid this fee please mail check to:
Local Planet Travel Services P.O. Box 1083 Sausalito CA 94966
Cancellation Policy & Refunds
There is a $100.00 administrative fee for all cancellations. Cancellations made 125 days or more prior to departure are fully refundable except for the $100 fee. Cancellations less than 125 days prior to departure date will receive no refund of monies paid. No refunds on unused portions of the tour. After airline tickets are issued, airline cancellations are per the airline’s policy and are usually non-refundable and changeable with a fee plus new ticket price.
*Hotels subject to change based on availability
CST # 2101181-40