January 16th- January 30th 2012
This is a cultural and life changing adventure. We will be exploring the wonders of Vietnam and Cambodia to the fullest hitting all the must sees and also going where most tourists never get to venture. The coolest part of this trip is social/eco tourism involved. This is an eco-tour utilizing minimal resources and offering a chance for everyone to give back. We will be visiting a few villages who can really use our help and it won’t take much effort on our part. See below for details and e-mail me for the day by day itinerary ([email protected]):
* 14 nights/15 days of unforgettable Southeast Asia
* Luxury Accommodations, Boutique hotels & unforgettable village stays…
* Breakfast Everyday
* 9 Lunches & 7 Dinners Included
* Tour of Ho Chi Minh City (Presidential Palace, Notre Dame, Hotel d’Ville and Dong Khoi street)
* Cu Chi tunnels (visit the vast underground network of tunnels built first as a defence against the French, and later expanded during the American war)
* Floating Markets of Cai Be
* Boat trip to Cai Rang (sampan ride through the floating market with colourful congestion of women and children jostling for space and vying to sell their wares)
* Khmer Pagoda in Can Tho city Unique Speed Boat tour to Phnom Penh, Cambodia
* Royal Grand Palace & National Museum (after our speed boat tour to the great capital we head to these famous sites)
* Dinner at Friends Restaurant (support a local NGO (non Government Organization that helps street kids learn the skills needed to be hired in the hospitality industry)
* Multiple in room massages to wrap up our bustling days in Cambodia
* Tour of the infamous Killing Fields
* Orphanage visit to donate school supplies and clothes (donations are optional)
* Private beach days and relaxation in the sun (private massages, white sand beaches, Karaoke night, and time to be lazy for a couple days…)
* Koh Kong Jungle River Tour (amazing ride to our charming Rainbow Lodge in the rain forest)
* Kayak, river boat rapids, and walks to hidden waterfalls all included…
* Eco-guides take us through the Wildlife alliance organization (Support the transformation of destructive practices into environmentally sustainable livings)
* Siem Reap! (Guided tour: Great Temples of Anchor, guided temple trail tour through 2,000 years of history! 2 days of amazing PICTURES!)
Village stay and memorable social project
Next, We will be heading off to Koh Ker to work along local professionals hired by our group to work with us to build a bridge–. (Your trip fees include the cost for the supplies to build the bridge). This will save the village a huge amount of lost energy and resources now consumed from the long travel to the nearest crossing, shortening a now 4km walk that is often unpassable at all. This bridge will allow the children to get to school, and continue their education which is the only option for them to improve their life.
After you wake up to the sounds of the village, witnessing village life in a way you never could from the highrise windows of an insulated hotel, you can see what life was like, perhaps two thousand years ago. This is truly a dream come true for photographers, want to be anthropologists, and lovers of native cultures. After a hearty breakfast is served, we will get back to our project, completing what we set out to do, and at the end of the day, bidding fair well to our new friends. We will end up back in Siem Reap at a charming hotel. Here everyone will have the luxury of a private room with mini-bar in this traditional Khmer hotel. You will have another evening to tour the town on your own. (This is NOT going to be a labor intensive day and for those who do not wish to help can hang out in the village and learn more about the locals way of life during our short time here)
* Impressive Samsara dance performance and a luxurious buffet with a generous sampling of many Khmer dishes.
* More evening massages (all included!)
* Free day for shopping and exploring Siem Reap w/ optional photography expedition to local villages along river
* As Always this entire trip will be amazing for photography and I will be there to help those who want to learn more about using their camera’s, taking better pictures, etc.
* All Transfers & taxes Included
* Airfare is not included but I am happy to help you find it as always
***Don’t forget to e-mail me for the day by day itinerary ([email protected])
TRIP FULL! Join us next time!
Refundable Deposit: $200.00
*Notice: Payment online incurs 3% processing fee (NO PROCESSING FEE FOR DEPOSITS). To avoid this fee please mail check to:
Local Planet Travel Services P.O. Box 15882 San Francisco CA 94115
Full refund on deposits must be claimed by October 25th 2011. NO REFUNDS are guaranteed after this date and you risk losing the entire deposit and payment. Anyone who signs up after this date is subject to this policy. PLEASE CALL ME if you have any questions regarding this policy.
CST # 2101181-40