February 18th- February 28th 2016
We’ve done it again: Another cultural and life changing adventure to Southeast Asia! This time we’ll be exploring the world famous Halong Bay and other highlights of Northern Vietnam before heading onto our one of a kind Cambodian Adventure.
5 days in Northern Vietnam will take us through the Old Quarter of Hanoi to an interesting and delicious street food tour. A 3 day exotic cruise in Halong Bay will complete this part of the journey in the best way possible! This breathtaking secluded harbour has 2,000 limestone islands rising from the emerald waters of the Bac Bo gulf. It is one of Vietnam’s most scenic regions and has been referred to as the eighth Wonder of the World.
A 7 day exploration of the Siem Reap (Angkor Wat) area in Cambodia is the perfect introduction to this incredible country. We’ll be indulging in in-room massages, temple trail adventures, & some truly life changing experiences in remote villages!
Please e-mail us for the day by day itinerary (firstname.lastname@example.org):
* 4 nights/5 days of unforgettable Northern Vietnam (Halong Bay & Hanoi)
* 6 nights/7 Days of unforgettable Cambodia (Angkor Wat, Siem Reap, Lake Tonle Sap)
* Charming boutique hotels & unforgettable village stays…
* Breakfast Everyday
* 8 Lunches & 6 Dinners Included
Vietnam (4 Nights):
* Hanoi highlight city tour (Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Presidential Palace, One Pillar Pagoda, Ho Chi Minh Museum, Temple of Literature (Awesome photographs of the grounds and architecture here!)
* Unique Street Food Experience (Lunch and privately guided tour of the hidden but true taste of Hanoi on a discovery walk-through of Vietnamese street cuisine and culture)
* Explore the Old Quarter- (Right outside our hotel, lots of great photos to be taken along the old streets, each well-known for a specialized industry. Silk clothing ready-made and tailored, embroidery, silver products, and so much more can be found at the different merchants.)
Cruise Halong Bay!
A great way to see spectacular Halong Bay is a slow cruise through the seemingly never-ending bay of islands. Lay in the sun, enjoy a selection of the freshest seafood, and take photograph after photograph. On our itinerary, the aim is to get off the beaten track while maintaining a leisurely pace. The size of the vessel allows passengers to get much closer to Halong Bay’s natural wonders, such as its pocket lagoons and small fishing communities.
* 2 night/3 Day all inclusive cruise of the best & off the path destinations in Halong Bay
* Deluxe cabins w/ ensuite bathrooms and air conditioning on traditional Vietnamese style “Junk Boat”
* Explore Bai Tu Long Bay (The largest part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, most beautiful, off the path, and by far least crowded!)
* Explore, kayak, and swim among hidden beaches, lagoons, and magical sea caves!
Cambodia (6 Nights):
* Multiple in-room massages to wrap up our bustling days in Cambodia
* Siem Reap! (Guided tour: Great Temples of Anchor, guided temple trail tour through 2,000 years of history! A day of amazing PICTURES!)
* Free time in Siem Reap to shop, eat, explore town, or head back to the temples!
* Cambodia’s Great Lake (Tonlé Sap Lake ranges in size from 1860 square miles to 4500 square miles every year during the dry and wet seasons! Observe the wonders of rural khmer life where the locals live on the lake, literally (houses on stilts)!
One of a kind village stay!
We will be heading off to the village of Koh Ker. After you wake up to the sounds of the village, witnessing village life in a way you never could from the “highrise” views of a tree house accommodation, you can see what life was like, perhaps two thousand years ago. This is truly a dream come true for photographers, want to be anthropologists, and lovers of native cultures. After a hearty breakfast is served, we will explore the village and meet some of the people. We’ll supply an abundance of school supplies and other necessities before bidding fair well to our new friends (all donations are included in the cost of the tour and handled by the travel club team but we do encourage guests to bring more. Never can have too much!). Before departing this peaceful place we’ll have a special guided tour of temple complexes older than Angkor Wat where very few tourists go! We’ll end up back in Siem Reap at our charming hotel. You will have an evening to tour the town on your own and taste the local flavors for dinner. A group dinner option will be available!
* As always this entire trip will be amazing for photography and one photographer will be on hand to help those who want to learn more about using their camera’s, taking better pictures, etc. (PhotoFly Travel Club adventures are laid back when it comes to photography. They are not workshop style based tours and you do not need to be an avid photographer to join. All are welcome!)
* All transfers & taxes Included
* Domestic Flight Included from Hanoi (Vietnam) to Siem Reap (Cambodia) (HAN–> REP)
* International Airfare is not included. We are happy to help you find a good flight as always! (Flying into Hanoi International Airport in Vietnam (HAN) on February 18th 2016 and departing from Siem Reap International Airport (REP) in Cambodia on February 28th 2016)
*Don’t forget to e-mail us for the daily itinerary of these Northern Vietnam & Cambodia tours (email@example.com)
*For our solo travelers, we will pair you up with someone of the same sex unless single occupancy is requested.
Price: $ 2795.00
Single Supplement: $595.00
*Notice: Payment online incurs 3% processing fee (automatically added to shopping cart). Please mail payment to avoid fee.
*Notice: Payment online incurs 3% processing fee (automatically added to shopping cart). To avoid this fee please mail check to:
Local Planet Travel Services
P.O. Box 1083
Sausalito CA 94965
Cancellation Policy & Refunds
There is a $100.00 administrative fee for all cancellations. Cancellations made 90 days or more prior to trip departure date are fully refundable except for the $100 fee. Cancellations less than 90 days prior to trip departure date will receive no refund of monies paid. No refunds on unused portions of the tour. After airline tickets are issued, airline cancellations are per the airline’s policy and are usually non-refundable and changeable with a fee plus new ticket price. Travel insurance strongly encouraged (ask us about policy options).
*Hotels subject to change based on availability
CST # 2101181-40