March 24th- March 29th 2015
Extension for Myanmar (Burma) & Cambodia tour
For those wanderlusts who need more, this heart of Myanmar extension really hits the spot. After enjoying our time at the beach we’ll fly to Bagan, and then on to Inle Lake to experience this country’s most famous temples and cultural epicenter.
* 5 nights/6 days throughout the heart of Myanmar
* Charming boutique hotels & bungalows
* Breakfast Everyday
* 2 Dinners Included
* All 3 Domestic flights Included (Yangon –> Bagan / Bagan–> Inle Lake/ Inle Lake–> Yangon)
Bagan: “City of Four Million Pagodas”
Bagan is one of the richest archaeological sites in Asia, and with over 2000 pagodas, temples, and monasteries to explore there is certainly plenty to keep us enthralled and snapping away. But there is more to this enchanting destination; rural village life, interesting markets, and artisan workshops just to name a few….
* Explore the Temples and Surroundings: Gubyauknge with its excellent stucco carvings, the impressive Htilominlo Pahto and Ananda Pahto which is one the best preserved temples in the archeological zone
* Authentic horse cart ride through off the path temples not accessible by car or bus
* Sunset from the top of a temple! (Excellent photograph opportunities and take in the enormity of the surrounding area)
* Optional Hot Air Balloon Ride over Bagan & Temples (World Famous Experience)
* Nearby village visit to witness rural Burmese life
* Sunset Cruise on Irrawaddy River
Inle lake is literally dotted with interesting villages and floating gardens and is one of the most picturesque locations in all of Myanmar. We’ll have fantastic opportunities to explore local markets and interact with the local population. (Great cultural photography here!)
* Visit to Shwe Yaunghwe Kyaung Monastery, famed for its unique oval windows
* Photograph Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda, the holiest monastery on the lake with its five ancient, gold-covered Buddha images
* Explore the lakes floating gardens & witness and photograph the unique technique of leg rowing, synonymous with the Intha fisherman
* Boat trip to Sagar: Far removed from the hustle and bustle of the main lake we’ll get a glimpse of authentic lake-life as we pass villages, Chinese-style fishing nets, weaving factories, monasteries, stupas, bamboo forests and floating gardens
* Arriving in Sagar we’ll witness the town flooded after construction of a new damn which left numerous stupas and pagodas partially submerged (Amazing photographs!). Once onshore explore the small village’s temples, crumbling stupas, and large monastery. We’ll walk through the center of town, observing local life and photographing smiling locals and schoolchildren from this charming village.
* Visit a family run rice-wine distillery: Three generations have been utilizing the mash from wild-mountain rice, adding yeast, and boiling it through a series of clay pots and bamboo poles to produce the wine.
* As always this entire trip will be amazing for photography and one photographer will be on hand to help those who want to learn more about using their camera’s, taking better pictures, etc. (PhotoFly Travel Club adventures are laid back when it comes to photography. They are not workshop style based tours and you do not need to be an avid photographer to join. All are welcome!)
* All Transfers & taxes Included
*Don’t forget to e-mail us for the day by day itinerary of this Myanmar group tour (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Price: $ 1395.00
*Single Supplement: $275.00
*For our solo travelers I will pair you up with someone of the same sex unless single occupancy is requested.
*Notice: Payment online incurs 3% processing fee. To avoid this fee please mail check to:
Local Planet Travel Services P.O. Box 1083 Sausalito CA 94966
Cancellation Policy & Refunds
There is a $100.00 administrative fee for all cancellations. Cancellations made 90 days or more prior to departure are fully refundable except for the $100 fee. Cancellations 90 days and less prior to trip date will receive no refund of monies paid. No refunds on unused portions of the tour. After airline tickets are issued, airline cancellations are per the airline’s policy and are usually non-refundable and changeable with a fee plus new ticket price.
*Hotels subject to change based on availability
CST # 2101181-40