Swim with Whale Sharks, Explore Mayan Ruins, Relax on Amazing Beaches!
August 11th- August 18th 2015
For round 3 of our Mexico adventure tours we’ve gone back to the drawing board to create a brand new, unique experience! This trip is filled with off the path excursions, amazing beaches, and a once in a lifetime opportunity to snorkel & swim with whale sharks! These harmless giants come to the coasts of the Riviera each summer and are so docile and unafraid of humans, we’ll have a chance to swim alongside them! Most people go to Mexico and just lay on a beach the whole time. Our travel club goes to Mexico to experience the people, culture, and beautiful land this country has to offer (and we enjoy the beaches too of course!). So many wonderful pictures to be taken on this trip. Email us to see daily itinerary at email@example.com
* 7 nights/ 8 days of the best of the Riviera Maya
* 4 Star Resorts & charming boutique properties on the beach
* 4 lunches, 3 dinners included
* Private guided tours throughout (Snorkel with whale sharks, explore the Coba ruins, tropical beaches, amazing reefs, snorkel with sea turtles!)
* Cancun: A must for a first time experience to the Riviera (nightlife, great food, great beaches, need we say more?)
* One of a kind Whale Shark Adventure:
During the whale shark season from May until September, the whale sharks come to Isla Contoy to feed on plankton. Isla Contoy National park is located 19 miles/30 km north of Isla Mujeres, Mexico, where the Caribbean Sea meets the Gulf of Mexico. Because of the rich nutrients in the surrounding water, the Isla has more than 234 species of fish including manta rays and whale sharks. You will have the remarkable opportunity to swim and snorkel with the whale shark, known as the gentle giant, in an area teeming with sea life. Today´s great adventure is led by certificated and professional guides, who are naturalists and biologists and know everything about the area and the whale sharks! The adventure includes breakfast, lunch, and snorkel equipment (diving upgrade is available at additional cost)
* Experience Cozumel:
Cozumel is the largest island in Mexico, surrounded by a beautiful coral reef and stunning azure waters. Our excursion is the ultimate snorkeling adventure along with a guided tour around the island. We’ll enjoy a lunch buffet and open bar on board!
* Explore Akumal: This less visited coastal paradise has some of the best snorkeling and beaches in all of Mexico! We’ll stop at a famous beach to snorkel with the Riviera’s green sea turtles!
* Playa Del Carmen: (days of relaxation, beach hopping, nightlife, and live music)
* Explore an off the path Cenote unique to the Mayan Riviera: These elaborate cave systems are filled with crystal clear water and stunning stalactites and stalagmites. We’ll go on a guided snorkel experience among amazing mineral formations. The absolute silence is a truly mystical experience.
* Experience Coba: Coba is home to isolated Indian ruins miles from civilization and was once the largest Mayan city of its time. Climb the Nohoch Mul pyramid, the tallest pyramid of the region. From the top of the pyramid we will enjoy great views of the surrounding jungle.
* Optional Chichen Itza Adventure: The most famous Mayan step pyramids and temples in Mexico (private guided tour: “The Castle”, the Ballgame Grounds, the Observatory, the One Thousand Columns square, Jaguars’ Temple, and the Sacred Well)
* Optional Tulum Ruins Experience: See and photograph the iconic ruins located right on the coastline cliffs with the beautiful turquoise waters below.
*Other great optional adventures include:
- Rent a bike and ride around town
- Rent a Paddle Board (or try out Paddle Board Yoga!)
- Scuba Diving
* All Taxes, Transfers, & Fees included
* Airfare is not included but we will help you find a good flight!
* Roommate Pairing to save money as always!
* Email us to see daily itinerary at firstname.lastname@example.org
*For our solo travelers, we will pair you up with someone of the same sex unless single occupancy is requested.
Price: $ 1895.00
Single Supplement: $495.00
*Notice: Payment online incurs 3% processing fee (automatically added to shopping cart).
To avoid credit card processing fee please mail check to:
Local Planet Travel Services
Sausalito CA 94966
Cancellation Policy & Refunds
There is a $100.00 administrative fee for all cancellations. Cancellations made 75 days or more prior to departure are fully refundable except for the $100 fee. Cancellations 75 days and less prior to trip date will receive no refund of monies paid. No refunds on unused portions of the tour. After airline tickets are issued, airline cancellations are per the airline’s policy and are usually non-refundable and changeable with a fee plus new ticket price.
*Hotels subject to change based on availability
CST # 2101181-40