January 19th-January 27th 2015
Each year we have a wonderful experience traveling through Costa Rica. In fact, it’s such a great small group tour we do it every year! Check out the highlights below and email us for the full daily itinerary at [email protected].
- 8 nights/ 9 day adventure tour through Costa Rica!
- Breakfast everyday
- 7 lunches, 7 dinners (All meals throughout)
- Private guide & driver (Local professionals with years of experience and qualifications)
- Awesome, unique hotels and lodges throughout
- Explore the famous and historic section of San Jose right next to our hotel!
- Guided tour of coffee plantation
- Discover the Poas Volcano (Still an active volcano and its colorful crater is one of the widest and deepest in the world)
- Amazing Bat Tour! (Trained guide will let those interested a safe opportunity to touch, feed and release safely captured bats!)
Vida Campesina Farm (Organic farm lets us see real life in the Costa Rican countryside with a farming family)
- Arenal Volcano National Park guided Lava flow hike (lava rocks and occasional eruptions, this volcano is surrounded by lush rainforest and second growth that cover the old lava flows and river sides)
- Optional Zip Line Adventure (One of the longest and best in the world!)
- Optional Early Morning Bird Watching everyday (included and offered for the photo and bird enthusiasts!)
Adventure to Fortuna Waterfall (Beautiful 200 foot-tall waterfall receives its cool clear waters from the pristine forested mountains of Arenal National Park)
Wetlands Boat Tour (Floating safari: variety of resident and migratory birds plus three different species of monkeys, iguanas, sloths, turtles and caymans)
- Malekus Indian Reserve (Unique history and cultural experience: medicinal plant garden, enjoy a reenactment of a traditional Maleku dance, and try out their version of archery!)
- Heliconia butterfly and hummingbird gardens (Blue Morphos, Zebra Butterflies, Small Postman, Glasswings, Monarchs & RARE hummingbirds like Green Thorntail, Coppery-headed Emerald and White-bellied Mountain-gem) Nearby we’ll search for toucans, motmots, trogons, poison dart frogs, howling monkeys, and white-faced capuchin monkeys!
- Blue River Hike and Thermal Springs (See the famous Pénjamo River which is also known as the Blue River. The river is tinted a turquoise color by volcanic minerals. We’ll , enjoy the many natural pools, swim and relax)
- Relax at one of best beaches in Costa Rica: Playa Panama (We’ll finish the adventure at this pristine, world renowned beach! The taupe sand beach is bathed by clear waters with a soft current. Many water sports can be enjoyed including fishing, swimming, and windsurfing, among others, from a beach surrounded by the exuberant vegetation after which the beach was named.)
- All Taxes, Fees, Transfers included (excludes airport departure tax)
- Airfare is not included but we will help you find a good flight!
- Roommate Pairing to save money as always!
- Email us to see daily itinerary at [email protected].
*Single Supplement: $499.00
Refundable Deposit: $599.00
*For our solo travelers I will pair you up with someone of the same sex unless single occupancy is requested.
*Notice: Payment online incurs 3% processing fee. To avoid this fee please mail check to:
Local Planet Travel Services P.O. Box 1083 Sausalito CA 94966
Cancellation Policy & Refunds
There is a $100.00 administrative fee for all cancellations. Cancellation requests made 90 days or more prior to departure are fully refundable except for the $100 fee. Cancellations less than 90 days prior to trip date will receive no refund of monies paid. No refunds on unused portions of the tour. After airline tickets are issued, airline cancellations are per the airline’s policy and are usually non-refundable and changeable with a fee plus new ticket price.
*Hotels subject to change based on availability
CST # 2101181-40