September 20th-September 27th 2014
Our Chile group tour has been in the works for months and we’ve added one of the most exciting trips yet to our calendar! This epic journey will begin in the world renowned capital of Santiago where we will enjoy the culture, food, and energy of the bustling city among the mountains. After a taste of life in the city, we’re off to one of the most beautiful and monstrous landscapes in the world: Patagonia. Unforgettable hikes & photographs will be the norm throughout this adventure with activities available for all fitness levels! Email us to see daily itinerary at [email protected]
* 7 night/8 Day Journey (2 Nights Santiago, 5 Nights Patagonia)
* Centrally located and welcoming Santiago accomodations
* Breakfast everyday
* Unique culinary experience at El Galeon Restaurant (Guided food shopping experience at local markets, Chef instructed cooking of our own lunch Santiago style, Enjoy delicious self prepared lunch with local Pisco Sour cocktail)
*Free time in Santiago to explore the city & photograph the sites
* Patagonia Camp is the first Luxury Camp in South America. It is an original and distinctive glamping concept where every detail has been carefully thought of so that our guests may thoroughly enjoy the magnificent and wild nature of mythical Patagonia, combining comfort, convenience, and the warm hospitality that Chileans are known for.
* All Inclusive Meals & Adventures while at Patagonia Camp. Plus Open Bar throughout!
* One of a kind luxury yurt style accommodations at Patagonia Camp!
* Each day we will have the opportunity to embark on amazing walks and hikes around this wonderland landscape of sharp edged mountains and glacier lakes. See below for JUST A FEW OF THE HIKES AND ADVENTURES that we’ll be able to choose from each day (all are optional, included, and cater to different fitness levels including beginners!)
Valle Del Frances Trek: A wonderful adventure that will lead you into the heart of the Park! After crossing Lake Pehoé in a 30-minute boat ride, you will begin a hike lasting around two hours along a rustic trail in the midst of a notro and coihue trees forest. Upon reaching the suspension bridge, there is a spectacular view of the French glacier and once across the bridge, the Italian Camp, located within an ancient lenga tree forest. The climb continues uphill along the trail to the French Valley viewpoint, offering a 360° view of the magical shapes of the granite mountain.
Los Cuernos Trek: This trek is perfect to experience the beauty of the park’s two iconic mountains: Las Torres and Los Cuernos del Paine. The
hike starts alongside beautiful rivers and lakes with ever-present native flora and fauna. Upon reaching the first rock plateau you will enjoy seeing close-up the whimsical line drawn by the Cuernos del Paine, and their characteristic two-color hue created by sedimentary rock and granite.
Mirador Condor Hike: The hike to the Cóndor viewpoint is another privileged trek in terms of views. The trail begins at Lake Pehoé which will
fascinate you with its distinctive turquoise color. You will climb for about an hour through the Sierra del Toro; along the way you can appreciate some of the local vegetation such as nothofagus trees, the area’s micro-wildlife and the beautiful soaring condors. At the top you will enjoy an amazing panoramic view of Lake Nordenskjold, Los Cuernos del Paine, Valle del Francés and the Patagonian Andes – and not only the view, you will also experience the force of Patagonian winds, a faithful companion in this adventure!
Kayaking & Fishing in Laguna Bonita: This experience is another of the treasures Patagonia Camp has for you! You can decide between paddling in Laguna Bonita lagoon, with beautiful views of penínsulas, forests and Cerro Tenerife; or to paddle and fish in the lagoon as our kayaks are specially designed for use with fishing equipment! Rainbow trout is the main fish in the lake, and while enjoying these sports you will be amazed by the extraordinary Patagonian landscape. A not-to-be-missed outing!
* Optional horseback riding and boat trips will be available at additional price.
* Privately guided small group tour as always!
* Photographer with us throughout to teach those interested in improving skills (basics, SLR instruction, composition, etc). Totally optional -no need to be an avid photography enthusiast!
* All Taxes & Entrance Fees included (*Does not include Chile Tourist Card Required to enter country, obtained on arrival: http://chile.usembassy.gov/tourist_cards.html)
* All Transfers and ground transportation included
* Roommate Pairing to save money as always!
* Domestic round-trip airfare from Santiago –> Punta Arenas INCLUDED
* International Airfare is not included but we will assist all guests with finding the best flight!
(Specific arrival/departure times will be sent to all guests and we’ll assist in booking the proper flights as always)
* Email us to see daily itinerary at [email protected]
Price: $ 2645.00
*Single Supplement: 489.00
Refundable Deposit: $600.00
*For our solo travelers I will pair you up with someone of the same sex unless single occupancy is requested.
*Notice: Payment online incurs 3% processing fee. To avoid this fee please mail check to:
Local Planet Travel Services P.O. Box 1083 Sausalito CA 94966
Cancellation Policy & Refunds
There is a $100.00 administrative fee for all cancellations. Cancellations made 90 days or more prior to departure are fully refundable except for the $100 fee. Cancellations 90 days and less prior to trip date will receive no refund of monies paid. No refunds on unused portions of the tour. After airline tickets are issued, airline cancellations are per the airline’s policy and are usually non-refundable and changeable with a fee plus new ticket price.
*Hotels subject to change based on availability
CST # 2101181-40