June 15th-June 21st 2016
The last few year’s we’ve been bringing guests to one of the most authentic safari experiences out there with Africa’s most famous natural wonder of the world: Victoria Falls! Our 2016 Botswana & Zimbabwe safari w/ Victoria Falls takes our adventure to a whole new level! This is an unbeatable deal and we are confident you will find no comparable itineraries that even come close to what we can offer. On our first stop we’ll witness Victoria Falls, one of the seven natural wonders of the world! Amazing photo’s and a plethora of options to choose from in the world renowned region of Victoria falls awaits. Our safari of a lifetime is not complete without exploring the wildlife along the Chobe River where four African countries meet (Botswana, Zambia, Namibia and Zimbabwe). The Chobe Game Reserve is famous for its enormous elephant population – it is said that 45,000 of these fascinating giants roam the plains of Chobe. See below for all the exciting details…. Email us to see daily itinerary at email@example.com
* Don’t forget to check out our Luxury Off The Path Safari (You can combine both trips for the ultimate adventure!)
* 6 night/7 Day Adventure (2 Nights Zimbabwe/Victoria Falls, 4 Nights Botswana)
Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe (2 nights/3 days):
* Explore the falls from the highly rated A”Zambezi River Lodge
* Guided Tour Victoria Falls: A truly awe-inspiring experience – the sight, the sound, the smell; the humbling feeling that here indeed is Nature’s Supreme Masterpiece. No photograph can begin to depict the reality (though we will try!)…and nothing prepares you for your first sight. We’ll be accompanied through the rain forest by a qualified guide who will give a brief history of the Falls themselves as well as detailing the flora, fauna, bird & wildlife and other points of interest. There are 16 viewpoints to see the falls from for endless photograph opportunities. Raincoats are provided when needed.
* Optional Arrival Night Sundowner Cruise on the Zambezi River (Enjoy a sundowner and snacks as we look out onto the banks of the Zambezi. Great chance to capture one of the most amazing sunsets in Africa while spotting elephants, hippos, giraffe, crocodiles, & river birds as they come to the river’s edge for a drink at the end of the hot day)
* Optional Dinner at “The Boma” (An evening filled with entertainment from Amakwezi traditional dancers to a local story teller and fortune teller. Tuck into a four-course meal of mouth watering starters: soup from the campfire, a substantial barbeque buffet served on cast iron plates with a selection of salads, followed by a choice of delicious desserts. Everyone’s tastes are catered for, and whilst the adventurous are enticed with local delicacies such as Mopani worms and game stews! Enjoy beef, pork, fish and chicken or a variety of vegetarian meals. Don’t rush off after dinner, because we can join in the drumming extravaganza which is always a highlight of the evening.)
* Tons of optional activities to choose from (elephant back safaris, zip line, Vic Falls Helicopter ride, canoe safaris, horse back riding, and more)
Botswana (4 nights, 5 days):
* World class Safari along the world famous Chobe River
* 4 Star Mowena Safari Lodge & Spa (All rooms face the Chobe river and are equipped with tea/coffee-making facilities, mini bars, hairdryers as well as mosquito nets and electric insect repellants. Mowana’s pool is built in such a way that it disappears into the surrounding Chobe landscape)
* Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner everyday
* Along with 45,00 elephants, Chobe National Park is home to lions, leopards, giraffes, cheetahs, cape buffalo, approximately 450 bird species, as well as Puku and Chobe bushbuck, which are indigenous to this area.
* Game drives & river cruise safaris every day for plenty of sightings and photography opportunities!
* Golf for those interested! (Course right on property, substitute for game drive if interested)
* Privately guided small group tour as always!
* Photographer with us throughout to teach those interested in improving skills (basics, SLR instruction, composition, etc). Totally optional -no need to be an avid photography enthusiast! (*Please note, this is not a photography workshop)
* All Taxes & Fees included (not including Zimbabwe Visa obtained on arrival: $30.00/ No visa needed for Botswana)
* All Transfers and ground transportation included
* Roommate Pairing to save money as always!
* Airfare is not included but we will assist all guests with finding the best flight: Specific arrival/departure times will be sent to all guests and we’ll assist in booking the proper flights as always
*Domestic Flights Needed: Specific arrival/departure times will be sent to all guests and we’ll assist in booking the proper flights as always (*2 separate 1 way flights required if coming from our Zambia Luxury Safari approx. $600.00 USD–We will help you book if needed! No Domestic airfare required if not participating in above Zambia tour)
* Email us to see daily itinerary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Us Next Time!
Sold Out for 2016
Price: $ 2045.00
*Notice: Payment online incurs 3% processing fee (automatically added to shopping cart). Please mail payment to avoid fee.
*Single Supplement: Only $250.00
Refundable Deposit: $600.00
*For our solo travelers I will pair you up with someone of the same sex unless single occupancy is requested.
*Notice: Payment online incurs 3% processing fee. To avoid this fee please mail check to:
Local Planet Travel Services P.O. Box 1083 Sausalito CA 94966
Cancellation Policy & Refunds
There is a $100.00 administrative fee for all cancellations. Cancellations made 90 days or more prior to trip departure date are fully refundable except for the $100 fee. Cancellations less than 90 days prior to trip departure date will receive no refund of monies paid. No refunds on unused portions of the tour. After airline tickets are issued, airline cancellations are per the airline’s policy and are usually non-refundable and changeable with a fee plus new ticket price.
*Hotels subject to change based on availability
CST # 2101181-40